Sing is a 2016 American computer-animated musical comedy.
It was written and directed by Garth Jennings, co-directed by Christophe Lourdelet. The film is about a group of anthropomorphic animals that enter a singing competition, hosted by a koala who is trying to save his theater.
Some great singing actors here:
- Matthew McConaughey as Buster Moon, an optimistic koala who plans to save his theater from closure by holding a singing competition.
- Reese Witherspoon as Rosita, a domestic pig who gave up her teenage music dreams to become a devoted wife
- Seth MacFarlane as Mike, a white mouse and street singer with a big Frank Sinatra-esque voice and an arrogant attitude.
- Scarlett Johansson as Ash, a teenage crested porcupine punk rocker
- John C. Reilly as Eddie Noodleman, a sheep and Buster’s friend who doubts the future of the theater.
Plenty of fun and lots to enjoy. I was surprised at Seth McFarlane’s singing voice (if that is really him). It’s fairly predictable fare until half-way through when disaster strikes. From then on it’s a short but interesting way to wrap up a situation where there would have been winners and losers. In the end everyone wins !
AND it has Jennifer Saunders as Nana Noodleman, a singing sheep.