Ralph Breaks the Internet is an animated comedy film by Walt Disney Animation Studios. It is the sequel to the 2012 film Wreck-It Ralph about an arcade game villain who wants a role reversal. It is Disney’s 57th feature-length animated film.
The film was directed by Rich Moore and Phil Johnston (who wrote the screenplay with Pamela Ribon).
- John C. Reilly as Ralph, a gigantic but soft-hearted man who is the antagonist of the arcade game Fix-It Felix Jr.
- Sarah Silverman as Vanellope, a glitchy racer who is the main character of Sugar Rush and Ralph’s best friend.
- Gal Gadot as Shank, a tough and talented racer in Slaughter Race, an online multiplayer game introduced in the film.
- Jack McBrayer as Felix, a repairman who is the protagonist and playable character of Fix-It Felix Jr., as well as the husband of Calhoun.
- Jane Lynch as Calhoun, the lead character of Hero’s Duty and Felix’s wife.
- Alan Tudyk as KnowsMore, a character representing a fictional search engine of the same name.
- Ed O’Neill as Mr. Litwak, owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade.
It’s been a while since seeing the first, so I didn’t have a good basis for comparison. Many think it’s not as good as the original. I though it was great and contained a number of laugh out loud moments. The best sequence is undoubtedly the ‘Princesses’ scene where all the Disney Princesses deconstruct their characters.
The movie starts out and most of the first half is a quest story. Then around the half way mark the character motivations take over and reward with a fun but poignant ending.