Moana is a 2016 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy comedy adventure film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 56th Disney animated feature film. The film was directed by Ron Clements and John Musker, and co-directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams. The film features music written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Opetaia Foa’i, and Mark Mancina.
- Auli’i Cravalho as Moana Waialiki, the sixteen-year-old daughter of village chief Tui.
- Louise Bush as a younger Moana
- Dwayne Johnson as Maui, a legendary
Shapeshifting Demigod who sets off with Moana on her journey.
- Rachel House as Gramma Tala Waialiki, Moana’s grandmother. Like Moana, Tala shares a passion for the ocean.
- Temuera Morrison as Chief Tui Waialiki, Moana’s overprotective father and chief of Motunui Island.
- Christopher Jackson as Tui’s singing voice
- Jemaine Clement as Tamatoa, a giant treasure-hoarding coconut crab from Lalotai, the Realm of Monsters.
- Nicole Scherzinger as Sina Waialiki, Moana’s mother and Tui’s wife.
- Alan Tudyk as Heihei, Moana’s pet rooster, described by director Ron Clements as “the dumbest character in the history of Disney animation.”
- Tudyk also provided the voice of a character credited as Villager #3
- Oscar Kightley as Fisherman
- Troy Polamalu as Villager #1
This Disney film is really as good as the reviews indicate. It’s fun, scary with great characters and a solid story.